Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.8.3 SID rule value upper bound?

From: "Geoff Whittington" <geoff.whittington () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 12:07:36 -0500

First, thank-you for your replies - I've been away from the office
hence my late reply.

We encountered an event when a signature required a large number of
rules and it broke our typical <10 rule assumption. In a perfect world
a doubling would help us. We ended working around the issue, however.

Best wishes,
 - Geoff