Snort mailing list archives

Re: Oinkmaster and 1394

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 19:30:07 -0600

On 8/10/08 2:33 PM, "Markus Lude" <markus.lude () gmx de> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 07:49:08AM -0600, James Lay wrote:
So I know there?s a way to do this...I?ve seen it posted here before but for
the life of me I can?t find the posting.

I get a lot of FP?s with sid 1394 (shellcode) on port 25.  What?s the way to
use oinkmaster to mofidysid to change the second occurrence of ?any? to
?!25??  Thanks all!

For some examples of modifysid you could take a look at your oinkmaster
config file. In your special case the following may help:

modifysid 1394 "\$HOME_NET any" | "\$HOME_NET !25"

Regards,
Markus

Just what I needed...thanks Markus..I'll take another look at the config
file again.

James