Snort mailing list archives

Re: Deployment Sizes? was: anyone trying kickfire to improve SQL performance?

From: "Stewart L" <stewartl42 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 07:39:40 -0400

Well, I wasn't in charge of the deployment. I handed it off to one of the
guys on my team to do the research and recommendations.

Part of the problem is that there is no SOLID advice out there on how to set
up and tweak a lot of this stuff.  We have the oreilly books and have done
some searches, but there is a lot of hand waving and not a lot of solid
answers.

So, you're saying that if I were to have another machine do the actual
capture and a separate database machine, I'd be better off in the long
haul?  That should be pretty easy to set up.

Stewart

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>