Snort mailing list archives

Re: Emerging Threats: [Fwd: Your message to Snort-sigs awaits moderator approval]

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:28:48 -0400

You wouldn't believe the volume of spam that hits the lists and how
unbearably painful the mailman interface is for clearing them (I used
to do it).  Once upon a time we use to manually approve stuff but now,
well, register the email address with the listserv and it'll pass
right through.

        -Marty

P.S. I have no regrets, Sourceforge should figure out a way to provide
meaningful anti-spam and a better mail approval than what they're
using now.