Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Windows Vista Install

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:50:14 -0500

Try turning off UAC and then right-click the file and run as administrator.
I hope you have used VLite to create an unattended, slipstream ISO install
of vista. If not then take a look at that program. Using VLite is the only
way to create a viable install of Vista for use as a sensor. If done
correctly, you will produce a sensor that out performs previous windows
workstations.