Snort mailing list archives

snort service error 1067

From: Astou Mamayek <zigui90 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 07:00:11 -0400

Please help.
I am new to Snort, I tried all the suggestions from faq; I am still not getting it.
I was finally able to install snort on windows, but I cannot start the snort service. I got the "error 1067 the process
terminated unexpectedly; Could not start the snort service on local computer;  I installed it on 3 different computer
and I got the same error messge"
Question Do I have to have internet connection in order to run snort? Would it run if I don't make any changes on the
config file?

Thank you for your help