Snort mailing list archives

Re: Flexresp problems

From: Zakai Kinan <titanyen2000 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:57:32 -0800 (PST)

did you do --enable-react in the configure?  React
works, but flexresp does not work in that version.
Use snortsam instead.

ZK

--- "Ward, Rob" <Rob.Ward () liverpool ac uk> wrote:

I've installed with Flexresp and when I try to add
react:block; to a rule I get the message below, any
ideas please anyone?

FATAL ERROR: Warning:
/etc/snort/rules/local.rules(1) => Unknown keyword '
react' in rule!

The rule syntax looks OK to me and I've used this
before without a problem. I'm running snort 2.8.0.1
on Cent OS 5.

The rule looks like this:

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET 8888
(msg:"P2P napster login";
flow:to_server,established; content:"|00 02 00|";
depth:3; offset:1; classtype:policy-violation;
sid:549; rev:8; react:block;)

Also with Flexresp in which file do you put your
variables i.e:

# just stop the offender
    var RESP_TCP resp:rst_snd;

I get the same error when I put this in snort.conf
and replace react:block; with $RESP_TCP in my rules.
I also get the same error with resp:rst_snd; in the
rules.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Rob Ward
Network Northwest Support