Snort mailing list archives

Re: Does Snort 2.8 work with Barnyard-0.2.0 ?

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:22:50 -0600

--On Thursday, February 14, 2008 17:40:26 +0000 Brian Jameson
<tech () jameson co uk> wrote:

I would like to upgrade from 2.7 to 2.8 but can the new unified file
structure in 2.8 be disabled so that I can use the old unified structure and
barnyard to communicate with BASE? If not what is the recommended way of
linking Snort and BASE? Google has not been helpful and I don't recall
seeing anything on this list, but I could be wrong and probably am! I would
be appreciate any pointers as I could usefully use the new 'port list'
functionality.

You might want to look at some of these patches as well:
<http://colin.grady.us/>

Can we get someone associated with barnyard to review these a possibly include
them in an incremented version (0.3.0?).  There's also a patch for 64 bit
systems that's available and should probably be included in an updated version.

<http://secure.lv/~nikns/stuff/barnyard_64bit.diff>

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst