Snort mailing list archives

Re: [HELP] snort stop processing on "Initializing rule chains" issue

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 08:44:17 -0500

There is no minimum for Snort, the more memory you have for Snort, the better it will run.

--
Joel Esler
joel.esler () sourcefire com

On Dec 28, 2007, at 2:43 AM, Rachmat Hidayat Al-Anshar wrote:

Lack of memory, I think so, I try the same set on my virtual LAN with my lappie. Its about almost 1 GB of memory.
Ow.. I see clearly now,

Now I am using 512 MB of RAM and Snort still stuck on the road...
after Not Using PCAP_FRAMES...

I also has change the "config detection" to "search-method ac-bnfa"
and the snort process still stuck.

so, how much minimum requirement of memory that snort needs?

Thanks
Mat

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search .-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/_______________________________________________