Snort mailing list archives

Promiscuous mode, how-to?

From: Rachmat Hidayat Al-Anshar <rachmat_hidayat_02 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:08:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi guys...

There is so many reference telling us that we have to set the NIC on promiscuous mode
before they can be ready to eavesdrop every single thing that flow on the network traffic,
but so rarely telling us how to do that, how to configure it, how to make that thing
happen (^^!), I need more explanation here...

Any response will greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
~ Mat ~