Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard

From: randy () procyonlabs com
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:40:58 -0500

<SNIP>
2)  Don't have Snort writing directly to DB.  Please look into
Barnyard.

Joel

Who is maintaining Barnyard? Is it abandonware now?

I've been tempted to start working on it myself, but I'm not sure if
there is any effort already in place that hasn't been openly
discussed yet.

Ideas? Comments?
No, it's not abandonware.  There has been no need to update it because
the db schema, unified schema, and all others haven't changed in years.

There are some licensing issues with Barnyard.  It is not GPL.

My wish is for Oracle and DB2 support. As far as I can tell, that isn't possible with 2.0.

I didn't realize it wasn't GPL. How unfortunate.