Snort mailing list archives

Windows support

From: "sudhakar govindavajhala" <sudhakarg79spam () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 21:37:11 -0400

Hello all,

I am a newbie to Snort.  How well is Snort supported on Windows?

I am able to run Snort in Linux.  But, I am not able to make it run on
Windows. The problem is that I am not able to tell Snort which interface to
use using the -i switch.  How do I figure out the interface name in
Windows.  Windows shows "Wireless Network Connection 1", "Wireless Network
Connection 2", etc. while I should be saying something like wnc1, wnc2,
eth0, eth1, ppp0, etc.

How do I get the name of interface in Windows that I can pass it on to
Snort?  How is Windows support in Snort?

Thank you,
Sudhakar

Dr. Sudhakar Govindavajhala
Researcher, Princeton University