Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort and mysql5 losing db connection

From: "Richard Bejtlich" <taosecurity () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:17:11 -0400

On 6/14/07, Jason Brvenik <jasonb () sourcefire com> wrote:
Interesting that this topic comes up.

I wrote a perl module for handling unified files for just these reasons
(and many more) it currently lives at:

http://cerberus.sourcefire.com/~jbrvenik/unified_perl

It fully handles unified files and is portable across platforms and
handles big/little endian issues and 64bit unified files too.

It would not take much work to make the db code a direct replacement for
barnyard.

http://cerberus.sourcefire.com/~jbrvenik/unified_perl/ufdbtest.pl

So... some questions for the community.

- What is the interest in having a direct barnyard replacement?
- Anyone interested in taking a stab at it?
- What other capabilities are desired (I know you want ppp support, Richard)
- Anyone want to take up documenting it?

Hi Jason,

A Barnyard replacement that works with Sguil would r0x0r.

Were you serious about PPP?  :)

Richard