Snort mailing list archives

Re: Sensor overload - Too much traffic for Snort box?

From: "Fábio a.k.a Fósforo" <fosforo () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 00:59:10 -0300

I would recommend to install a network/process monitoring tool like
monit (http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/) or zabbix (i've never tried
it), and like Benjamin Smal propose, see which parameter from /proc to
change after reading the reports.

[]s

On 6/8/07, Ray H. <snort () melray us> wrote:
Having some trouble with dropped packets. Wondering if my snort box is under
powered or if I have my monitor session setup incorrectly, or something I'm
just overlooking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried to include all relevant
information pertaining to my issue with dropped packets.