Snort mailing list archives

Re: problem starting snort..kindly help

From: pearl carlo <pearlcarlo () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 18:10:17 -0700 (PDT)

hi everybody

i actually went ahead and reinstalled after uninstalling and this time i did not do it
with dynamic plugin and it worked.
thanks everyone for time..

ps: Joel.. i checked your mail now. i guess that would have been a problem..i actually did config couple of times in
between by uninstalling it and cleaning it at that time it did not work..now i shall try with dynamic plugin too..

Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com> wrote: I am looking at your history file here, and it looks like you
descended into the snort dir, and did a config, but you never did a make nor a make install.

Kinda need to do that.

joel esler | security consultant | Sourcefire | pgp  key is public