Snort mailing list archives

Re: non-standard-protocol : BAD-TRAFFIC IP Proto 103 PIM

From: Gregory S Thomas <greg.thomas () pnl gov>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:11:35 -0700

We modify the rule to make it less noisy:

var MULTICAST_NET 224.0.0.0/4

alert ip any any -> !$MULTICAST_NET any (msg:"BAD-TRAFFIC IP Proto 103 PIM"; ip_proto:103; reference:bugtraq,8211;
reference:cve,2003-0567; reference:nessus,11791; classtype:non-standard-protocol; sid:2189; rev:4;)

Here's the line in oinkmaster.conf that performs the modification:

modifysid 2189 "->\s*any" | "-> !\$MULTICAST_NET"

Cheers,

-- greg