Snort mailing list archives

Fw: Re: snort crash using some rules

From: "Josep Pujadas i Jubany" <josep () bellera cat>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 23:02:05 +0200

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:30:05 +0200 (CEST), rmkml wrote
Hi Josep,
do you use snort default algorythm ? (probably yes)
change to ac-bnfa (best) {search rmkml+performance+snort}
But I don't known why snort crash !
I have fbsd62_64 on amd4 with 4Go memory.
Snort start with ~490Mo of memory and crash !
Regards

Rmkml,

Wonderful!

Changed in my snort.conf:

# config detection: search-method lowmem
config detection: search-method ac-bnfa

Snort starts faster.

And after that, I activated all my rules wich I had problems and snort is
working !!!

My box is an HP Porliant ML110 with 1 GByte of RAM. It runs also
MySQL+Apache+PHP for the BASE console.

Many thanks,

Josep Pujadas