Snort mailing list archives

Re: BASE config problem - update

From: Luis Torres <al1629608 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 13:11:46 -0800 (PST)

David,

Actually I jumped to conclusions and setting up a new IDS box I ran into the exact same problem... php-mysql is not
really the problem here.

The problem is that on version 5 of php they disabled mysql support and ADODB relied on that to be on (I didn't go into
much detail on the 'why'). If you are running "normal" PHP scripts that use the built in mysql functions then php-mysql
gives you all that's needed.

So, long story short. You can compile your own version of PHP --with-mysql or you can just install PHP 4.3.9 or your
favorite php4 binary.

I took the second option because my box is for use only by the IDS and my focus was on getting it up and running, not
on building my own PHP binary... for now at least  =)

Good luck,

Luis