Snort mailing list archives

Deploying snort on virtual servers

From: carlopmart <carlopmart () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:39:50 +0200

Hi all,

  I need to deploy several snort sensors to protect my xen and vmware
servers against possible attacks. Which type of deploy do you recommends me?

  a) Install snort inline on every xen/vmware server and bridge physical
interfaces to monitoring traffic

  b) Install snort inline as a virtual machine on every xen/vmware server

Many thanks.
--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com