Snort mailing list archives

IDS Policy Manager v2.0 Released

From: "Jeff Dell" <jdell () activeworx com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:18:27 -0500

I am very happy to announce the release of IDS Policy Manager v2. This
release has been 6 years in the making and is fully redesigned to extend the
capabilities of our snort rule management solution to provide a complete
enterprise rule manager for Snort... and it is free! This is not a single
sensor version or a limited version so we can sell a commercial product..
This is a fully functional Snort enterprise management solution.

Major changes since IDS Policy Manager v1.8:

o. Completely re-designed to simplify and extend the rules management
functionality.
o. IDSPM v2 stores all information in a database for more flexibility in
working with multiple policies.
o. Now supports all versions of Snort including Snort 2.6.
o. Support unlimited update locations for snort rules including Snort
community rules.
o. New update form gives you more information about the rules that will be
added/updated before the policy is modified.
o. For better control of copying policies and managing snort sensors. IDSPM
no longer supports putty scp as it now uses integrated SSH/SCP libraries.
This also increases the performance of uploading the policy.
o. Support for multiple of the same output modules.
o. Quickly enable/disable multiple rules on multiple policies.
o. Each sensor has the option to change variables values that are unique to
that sensor. This gives you the ability to have a single policy and change
variables that are unique to that sensor.
o. integration with Activeworx Security Center giving you a single console
to view events and manage unlimited Snort sensors.
o. much more...

For more information and to download IDS Policy Manager, please visit:

http://www.activeworx.org/

Cheers,

Jeff