Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort-2.6.0.2 on FC6 fail to log Nmap TCP portscans.

From: Daniel <saragon () home se>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:47:34 +0100

Justin Heath wrote:
What does you sf_portscan config look like?

Currently, my config looks like this (default):

<snip>
preprocessor sfportscan: proto  { all } \
        memcap { 10000000 } \
        sense_level { low }
</snip>

But, as stated before, I've also tried the following:

<snip>
preprocessor sfportscan: proto  { all } \
        memcap { 10000000 } \
        scan_type { all } \
        logfile { /tmp/portscan.log } \
        sense_level { high }
</snip>

And nothing went into the /tmp/portscan.log.

Best regards /d'.