Snort mailing list archives

Re: BASE installation support please

From: Alejandro <alejandritox () ciudad com ar>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:44:21 -0300

People, thanks for your help, you know I'm not an expert....

When I create the /var/www/phpinfo.php I could see the page with
information about PHP 4.4.2.

I've installed the PHP and Mysql via apt-get install, so I didn't need
to compile any any option. I have php4-mysql too of course. I have
libphp-adodb too.

Also when I go to www.snort.org and put "mysql_connect()" in search
site, I get no results at all...so what can I do now please ???

Thanks

Alejandro

Guilherme escribiĆ³:
Go to your www root folder and do this:

echo "<? phpinfo(); ?>" > phpinfo.php

Then try to access it from your browser. Ex:
http://localhost/phpinfo.php (If you are running it on your own machine)

On 9/13/06, *Guillaume Arcas* < guillaume.arcas () free fr
<mailto:guillaume.arcas () free fr>> wrote:

    Selon Alejandro < alejandritox () ciudad com ar
    <mailto:alejandritox () ciudad com ar>>:

    > I use snort 2.6, mysql 5.0 and base 1.2.5 (sarah). Base is in
    > /var/www/base with chmod 777. My path to adodb is
    /usr/share/php/adodb.
    > Everything was OK until the BASE web setup comes to me. I open the
    URL
    > http://localhost/base, I do the steps until step 2 of 5 appears:
    >
    > Database: mysql
    > Database name: snort
    > Database host: localhost
    > Database port: (default)
    > Database user: snort
    > Database password: real123x
    >
    > and then click on Submit.....and after that I get this error message:
    >
    > Fatal error: call to undefined function mysql_connect() in
    > /usr/share/php/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 353
    >
    > I check all the packages I need and I have all of them.

    Hi.

    Looks like you do not have the php-mysql extensions installed or
    declared.

    You can check it by creating a simple PHP page that will just print
    a call to
    phpinfo() function results and see what's written about MySQL PHP
    extensions.

    Regards,

    Guillaume Arcas - [ http://yom.retiaire.org]
    "Je cherche un ailleurs, mais pas trop loin d'ici." (SempƩ)

    security?
    Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your
    job easier
    Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
    Geronimo
    <http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642>