Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort's configuration

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 10:58:26 -0500

Santi Benito wrote:
Dear Snort users, I have written 3 times in snort`s users mailing
list and anybody has answer my question and I am a little bit worried
with my problem.
I am analyzing real traffic with snort and I only use in snort.conf
the rules referring to P2P and all the preprocessors active, when I
replay traffic with tcpreplay at 100 Mb/s it drops the 96% of the
packets and I have read that cancelling the preprocessors it could
work better but it doesn`t.
I don`t know how to change the memcap and also don`t know how to make
snort to use libpcap with mmap that I have read that could be a good idea.

Could anyone help me or say to me something?

You're going to get a lot more help if you tell us what OS you're running snort on - what version of snort you're running - what processor and how much memory your snort box has - etc., etc.

Some of the folks here are pretty good.  None of them are mind readers.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer