Snort mailing list archives

RE: Address on my network generating many alerts

From: "Erik Mintz" <emintz () netforensics com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:04:07 -0400

Now that you have identified the good traffic, you can adjust the rules
files, and add preprocessors for the valid traffic.

There are a few good snort books that get into detail on the subject, and
more specific questions can be answered here. I'd start with the online
docs, and then move on to some of the better books. I like O'Reilly's 'Snort
Cookbook.

-E