Snort mailing list archives

Re: Stream4 behavior

From: "Lorine Ruotolo" <lori.ruotolo () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:20:21 -0600

I usually take a number of small packet captures to get a footprint of the network and figure out what to disable and look for.

Then, I do things like disable the reassembly of any encryption or tunnel protocols since they are usually the most common to fragment while still being acceptable traffic.