Snort mailing list archives

Re: Configure snort to use eth1

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:49:50 -0700

Can you send me that snortd file?  I'm curious to see how it looks.

James

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:05:35 -0700
"Jim B" <elemint () gmail com> wrote:

That actually worked.   But I just get the following
in /var/log/snort/alert

02/16-08:48:08.515315  [**] [116:3:1] (snort_decoder) WARNING: IP dgm
len < IP Hdr len! [**]
02/16-08:48:08.515323  [**] [116:3:1] (snort_decoder) WARNING: IP dgm
len < IP Hdr len! [**]

Do you recommend running snort manually like that instead of the
using the file in /etc/init.d/snortd?

Here is the output from ps aux |grep snort

root      9660  0.1  4.6 52472 48508 ?       Ss   11:49   0:01 snort
-i eth1 -D -N -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

Jim