Snort mailing list archives

Re: Interesting entries in BASE

From: CasperLinux <CasperLinux () comcast net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 19:24:18 -0500

On Sunday 26 February 2006 18:59, you wrote:
That entry is from the sfportscan preprocessor.  You can enable,
tune, or disable this preprocessor via your snort.conf

Ok but why did it suddenly decide to kick itself on? I have had every rule
turned on for the better part of a week and this is the first day I noticed
it.

I did a check and I have three hits on a portscan (1 Saturday and 2 today) and
15 open port checks (all today in about a 2 minute timeframe).

This seems to be something that got triggered somehow.

Joel

Don