Snort mailing list archives

Re: possible exploit

From: Robert T Wyatt <robert.wyatt () mail utexas edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:39:43 -0600

Frank Knobbe wrote:
Your Snort didn't alert on that? Mine do all the time. It's SID 1250
(web-misc.rules). You might want to check your config to see if this
rule file is loaded and to ensure you don't miss other sigs too.

Patrick S. Harper wrote:
> Old Cisco exploit.  I saw a bunch of them not too long ago.
>
> http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=1104

Thanks folks, I think it must have happened right when I was restarting snort after a rule update.

I will watch for this in the future to ensure that my setup is correct.

Thanks again,
Robert