Snort mailing list archives

RE: Checkpoint Acquisition and the future of Open Source Snort

From: Theodore Stout <theodorestout () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 06:59:49 -0700 (PDT)

Let's just trust Marty on this one.  He has been right
up until now so why doubt him at this point?

Even though I have had some serious doubts about this,
all in all, Sourcefire and Checkpoint will become
better because of this and somewhere, someplace, the
Pig will be stronger.  I suspose we all just have to
get used to such a large company being involved with
Sourcefire.  It is for the best.  Wayne, Tom, and
Marty have made the right decision.

I doubt that Checkpoint will negatively affect Snort
development and yes Interspect could use a bit more
intergration with Snort rules.

Theo

--- SN ORT <snort_on_acid () yahoo com> wrote:

Soo....Two opposing views, who will be right? Time
will tell my friends!

Cheese!

Marc