Snort mailing list archives

Sticky-drop

From: Patrick Walsh <pwalsh () esoft com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:32:30 -0700

        What's this?  Sticky-drop?  Can someone provide a link to more
information?  Google searches have not been fruitful.  I'm using snort
2.4.3 and a grep of the source tree for "sticky" came back with nothing.
Is there a patch?

        Also, are there any known bugs with connection resets?  I think the
reset packets may not be getting sent to both ends of the connection or
else might not have the proper source port set.

        Finally, there's a bug filed on Sourceforge that says that "After a lot
of tries, a packet can pass through snort-inline" [1].  Is this a
confirmed issue.  I've seen some behavior that suggests it could be
true, but I haven't tracked it down yet.

Thanks,

..Patrick

1. http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=876404&group_id=78497&atid=553467