Snort mailing list archives

Re: Libnet v1.1 vs libnet v1.0.2a

From: TPanaitescu () colorcon com
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:52:54 -0500

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the info, I'll play around w/ flexresp2 in the coming days. Are
there any particular patches for 2.4.3 ?

In the mean while, I have read some of the documentation on
http://cerberus.sourcefire.com/~jeff/archives/snort/sp_respond2/ regarding
flexresp2 and I've noticed that the resp:<action> are slightly different
than the ones in flexresp. Is it a particular reason for those differences
? I guess that it would be easier for the us (lazy) snort admins to just
use the current rules w/ the flexresp actions without any need to change
them - even if it is not a complicated thing ... :-P Just my .02

Thanks and regards,
Tudor

             Jeff Nathan
             <jeff () snort org>
             snort-users-admin         TPanaitescu () colorcon com
             @lists.sourceforg                                          cc
             e.net                     snort-users () lists sourceforge net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Snort-users] Libnet v1.1 vs
             11/29/05 03:57 PM         libnet v1.0.2a