Snort mailing list archives

Re: How to proceed

From: Ralf Spenneberg <lists () spenneberg org>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:29:22 +0100

Hi,

you configured everything correctly. This is a shortcoming in Base.

The alert was generated by a preprocessor and not a signature. Base
cannot yet distinguish between these alerts and always tries to lookup a
signature at the snort homepage. All sids below 100 definitely are
preprocessor alerts and are not accessable through the snort homepage.

Ralf