Snort mailing list archives

Re: confused by postgresql-8.0.4

From: Ralf Spenneberg <lists () spenneberg org>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:54:45 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 02.11.2005, 15:29 +0800 schrieb sake:
./configure --prefix=/home/ids --with-pgsql=/home/ids/ --enable-inline
(at the very beginning , if I don't specify
"--with-pgsql-includes=/home/ids/include/ " , the configure will warn:
cannot find libpcre or libipq,I'm not very clear now. )
Well, make sure, you got libipq on your system to compile
inline-support. You probably need an iptables-devel package.

Nov  2 11:16:13 fakehost snort[16285]: database: 'postgresql' support
is not compiled into this build of snort

then re-run the the ./configure script using the '--with-postgresql'
Does here anyone meet this?
You need to use --with-postgresql and not --with-pgsql as you used!

Ralf
--
Ralf Spenneberg
OpenSource Training                     http://www.opensource-training.de