Snort mailing list archives

Bleeding Snort rules and Sourcefire Official rules

From: hchlai () netscape net
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:05:39 -0400

Hi Snorters,

How is Bleeding Snort rules compare to Sourcefire Official rules in terms of accuracy in detecting intrusion attempts?
Which set of rules are more practical to implement in a corporate environment? I'm thinking of implementing both sets
of rules but I am afraid to run into many overlap alerts, has anybody try this before? What's the result is like?

Many thanks!

HinSuk

Look What The New Netscape.com Can Do!
Now you can preview dozens of stories and have the ones you select delivered to you without ever leaving the Top Home
Page. And the new Tool Box gives you one click access to local Movie times, Maps, White Pages and more.  See for
yourself at http://netcenter.netscape.com/netcenter/