Snort mailing list archives

Re: ATTACK-RESPONSES id check returned root

From: cc <cc () belfordhk com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:17:06 +0800

Chris Romano sighed and wrote::

I came in this moring and checked my snort alerts (morning routine), and
noticed the following:

ATTACK-RESPONSES id check returned root 2005-10-21 07:40:32
82.165.25.125:80<http://82.165.25.125:80>
10.10.10.5:51949 <http://10.10.10.5:51949> TCP

This is very interesting.  Snort tagged your message with the same
exact alert, but this time it was through port 25 (SMTP).  At first,
I freaked when I saw that on BASE.  Then I checked the payload and
got worried.

However, looking at the port, and noticing it was 25, and finding
it in my email, I sighed a relief.  :)

Edmund