Snort mailing list archives

RE: Can't suppress "(snort decoder) Bad Traffic Same Src/Dst IP"

From: "Mike Kelley" <mikek () m-v-t com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:21:10 -0600

That's an awfully big hammer to hit those two tiny IP's ... What other
alerts would I be disabling?

config disable decode alerts ==> Turns off the alerts generated by the
decode phase of Snort.

I just want to suppress the alerts for 2 machines ... if other machines
on the network start doing that I'd be concerned and would want to know.

(I really appreciate the help and suggestions!!!) I was hoping for an
answer with finesse centered on disabling just that alert for just those
IP's

Mike