Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID and Snort rules

From: "Briggs, Bruce" <Bruce.Briggs () suny edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:17:16 -0400

The Snort docs are always a good place to start especially the manual
and the FAQs.
Lots of details.

There is also the   nocase   keyword, which may be helpful to you.

In your Snort setup, make sure that this rule is included in your
snort.conf or a file which is in an    include   statement in your
snort.conf.

Your rule should work, assuming that packets with this payload are being
seen by Snort and you rule is in the snort.conf.

Bruce

  _____