Snort mailing list archives

snortcenter2 and "no updates at this time"

From: John Hally <JHally () epnet com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:40:19 -0400

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this one out.  I
lost my databases on an old system and have since rebuilt another mysql
server for snort/snortcenter/base.  The problem I have now is after
successfully recreating the databases and letting snortcenter do its mysql
thing, I can't get it to take a new snort rules tar.gz file no matter if I
try to upload it, use the rule-_combine script, or put the url/oinkmaster
code in the config.php file directly.  It always gives me the "no updates at
this time" msg.

What does it check against?  The database is empty, so it can't be that.
I'm also having a devil of a time adding new sensors. I just get curl
couldn't connect to host msgs.  Could they be related?  I can query mysql
with no problems using the designated user.  I can also connect to the snort
agent from any system on the private network I use for pushing ids data.

??

Thanks in advance!