Snort mailing list archives

Re: decode_data_link option

From: Jason Brvenik <jasonb () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 12:08:50 -0400

Pablo Nebrera wrote:
        If I use this option it means that snort will check Layer2 headers and
if not it will not.

It only means they will be decoded not checked.

What is the relation with the rules and preprocessors if I use it?
Is recomendable use it as default??

no relationship. If you want to see the layer2 data use it otherwise leave it off.

Thanks
Pablo