Snort mailing list archives

Re: BASE vs. ACID Quick Question

From: "John Creegan" <jcreegan () questarweb com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:34:23 -0500

"Steve Brown" <Steve.Brown () ddpky com> 08/25/05 02:11PM >>>
Are there enough benefits with BASE that it is worth switching from
ACID?  Hopefully, someone that has used both products can respond and
share his or her thoughts.  They appear to be very similar products
other than BASE having added security administration.  I work in a small
environment that will probably not utilize the option to assign
different security to administrators.  Any help with this decision would
be greatly appreciated.

Steve Brown

Systems Analyst

Delta Dental Plan of Kentucky

(502) 736-4646

Steve.Brown () ddpky com

Having used both I couldn't imagine going back to BASE.  There are many useful improvements to ACID (thanks for all
your hard work on ACID, Roman!) in the BASE product (and thanks for all your work, Kevin and team!) that I consider
useful.  Here's two right off the top:
     1. It's way faster
     2. It allows you to flip between the current and archive databases, meaning
         I don't need two side-by-side installs of the application.

Hope this helps.

information intended for a specific individual and purpose,
and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure,copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking
of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.