Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort-Inline, IPTables and Performance

From: Matt Linton <mlinton () email arc nasa gov>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:14:33 -0700

Bruce: I'll check it out. I don't think ACID is causing my performance problems across the wire though, so until I get those fixed, the reporting mechanism is sort of tinsel on the tree.

Briggs, Bruce wrote:

I believe that BASE is supposed to perform better than ACID.
It is generally recommended to use BASE instead of ACID.
BASE is being improved with new releases. ACID is not.

Bruce