Snort mailing list archives

RE: question about snortsnarf

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:43:59 -0700

Silicon Defense is no longer in business. It seems that Sourcefire is still
directing people from the snort.org site to www.silicondefense.com which was
bought by someone and turned into search engine for profit of some sort.

Good luck in getting Sourcefire to remove the links. Silicon Defense was out
of business when they put the links into the new website. Maybe Sourcefire
owns the silicondefense.com name now?

Here is a link to the latest version of SnortSnarf. Demarc now owns
Snortsnarf and hasn't done anything with it. This one has been updated with
something, I can't remember what, but not by Demarc or any group that has
forked the project. This was a great tool and still could be with the right
people behind.

http://www.snort.org/dl/contrib/data_analysis/snortsnarf/

Kindest regards,
Michael...