Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort on Multiple Interfaces

From: Ron <iago () valhallalegends com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:56:32 -0500

Well, I have some limited IPTables rules, but nothing really special.

I'm going to look into snort_inline.  But right now, I have it on both
interfaces.  I just want to make sure that they're not going to get in
the way of each other.

Thanks!

Joel Esler wrote:
Are you using your computer as a firewall?  If not, if you just have
the traffic coming in and going right back out, i would say, run one
instance of Snort on either interface.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.