Snort mailing list archives

Re: First Meeting of the Open Source Snort Rules Consortium (OSSRC)

From: Jennifer Steffens <jennifer.steffens () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 23:48:40 -0400

Sorry guys...not fully back to reality yet. The meeting is Thursday, July 7th not 6th.

Jennifer Steffens wrote:

Hey everyone,

After much preparation (ok ok so I have been on the road a ton and am just now getting back to reality) we are finally kicking off the Open Source Snort Rules Consortium (OSSRC). As a reminder, the goals of this group are to: * Establish metrics and standards for Open Source Snort rule development and documentation * Provide a forum for the sharing of research and information for the development of effective Snort Rules
* Ensure continuous support for a Snort Ruleset licensed under the GPL.

The first meeting will be held on Thursday, July 7th at 12:00pm EDT on IRC, freenode.net in the #ossrc room. Agenda items will include:
* An overview of how the OSSRC will run
* Nominations for officers
* Discussion of SID allocation for the various rulesets
* Discussion of sharing rulesets on the various web sites

All are welcome to attend. If your organization is interested in being formally represented in the OSSRC, please contact me directly.

Thanks,
Jennifer

--
Jennifer Steffens