Snort mailing list archives

[http-inspect/SPNEGO]

From: Gregory D Hough <mr6re9 () execulink com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:50:27 -0400

Snortsters,

I have been getting gobs of OVERSIZE REQUST-URI DIRECTORY alerts lately, since about June 03. HTTPD would answer these requests with a code 200 and serve my index page. I didn't like that so I configured Apache to respond with a 400 by use of the directive LimitRequestFieldsize 2048. Since then these requests have been morphing whereby the continuation packet size has been growing and shrinking.

Am I just losing my marbles? What is this thing anyway? Do I have packets? Yes, lot's.

Thanks,
farmer6re9