Snort mailing list archives

Re: BASE 1.1.3 release

From: jensen galan <jrgalan () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:46:29 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for your reply.

It seems my database had grown too large.  I recreated
the DB, and now BASE is smokin fast! (very nice)

Which brings me to my next question - how are people
handling the mysql DB once it grows too large with
snort data.  I'm far from a mysql expert, in case you
haven't noticed ;)  I simply dropped the DB and
recreated it - not very elegant.  Also, what is
considered "too large"?

Thanks.

Jensen