Snort mailing list archives

Re: error accessing snort database

From: Joel Esler <eslerj () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 06:52:40 -0400

Download and use BASE, and configure it.  ACID is old outdated code,
and has been rendered obsolete.  The Official current version is BASE,
found here:

Joel

On 6/2/05, Sergio Carrilho <seergio.carrilho () gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,
I'm setting up snort with ACID in a linux debian box.
snort is now logging to a mysql database, but when I try to access the
information using ACID, I get the error: "Unknown Database type
specified: a DBtype of '' was specified".

I already went through "acid_conf.php", and I have the line $DBtype =
"mysql"; in place.

Any clues?

thanks

--