Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort and ODBC

From: Jonathan_Hays () tax state ny us
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:03:42 -0400

No worries. After beating my brain against this ODBC/MSSQL solution for a
week and a half I gave up and am happily ensconced in a Linux/MySQL
solution. At this point, wild horses wouldn't drag me back to a Microsoft
SQL database.

Thanks for the ressponse,

Jonathan Hays
NYSDTF Network Security

"McCash, John" <John.McCash () andrew com>
05/27/2005 10:31 AM

<Jonathan_Hays () tax state ny us>, "Chris Reid"
<chris.reid () codecraftconsultants com>, <snort-users () lists sourceforge net>
cc

Subject
RE: snort and ODBC

Jonathan,
            My really bad? Your email came just before I left for the SANS
conference, and what with all of the preparation, recovery, and our many
current (understaffed) initiatives, I?m still digging out. The short
answer is no. The code is out there, and the guy who wrote the original
patch says it?s an easy fix. In fact, at one point, the developer (Hi
Chris!) had put together a preliminary official patch. Unfortunately it
didn?t work. I had mediated email between the two, but Chris has been busy
with other things, and I haven?t heard from him since December of 04.

Chris,
            Any hope here? Any at all? Please?? Pretty Please?? I?ve been
really really patient?
                        John McCash