Snort mailing list archives

Re: Wacky perfmonitor numbers

From: Gary Richardson <gary.richardson () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:45:29 -0700

That did it.. my numbers are much more reasonable now.

Thanks.

On 5/24/05, Jeremy Hewlett <jh () snort org> wrote:
On Tue, May 24, Gary Richardson wrote:
That being said, I don't expect perfmonitor to dump out numbers like this:

Snort Realtime Performance  : Fri May 20 11:04:38 2005
Pkts Recv:   177339
Pkts Drop:   18446744073709550519
% Dropped:   10401966896006828.00%

You'd get these sort of results when the type of drop statics aren't
what perfmonitor is expecting. By default, this is set to
"accumulate."

preprocessor perfmonitor: time 300 file /var/log/snort/snort.stats
pktcnt 10000 console

Add "reset" to this line and let me know if that fixes your problem.