Snort mailing list archives

Why does Snort restart?

From: mahboobeh soleimani <mah_soleimani () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 21:08:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

I installed Snort on my system and started it with this command : "snort -i eth1" and the traffic which it processes
was about 4 Mbit/sec but during the night ,when traffic is not very much ,it gets restarted and will start  with this
command: "/usr/sbin/snort -A fast -b -d -D -i eth1 -u snort -g snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -l /var/log/snort"
as you can see it restarts with some predefined switches and will capture packets (instead of eth1) on eth0 by default.

Would you please guide me what is the reason of getting restarted of Snort and on the other hand where the restart
command is tuned in Snort's config files?

Best Regards.

M.S.

Yahoo! Mail